The Hutton tradition of quality is built on the foundations laid over 150 years ago. The business was established in 1850 by brothers Thomas and James Hutton, skilled carpenters and joiners. Their craftsmanship was passed down through the generations from father to son. One of the earliest surviving company documents is the bill of sale recording the purchase of the firm for £50
The tradition of first class carpentry skills, started all those years ago by the Hutton brothers, is proudly continued by the purpose built joinery facility, which remains an important element of the Colchester operation.
The company has expanded greatly in more recent years with the opening of a second office in Stansted to manage the many contracts in London and the M25/M11 corridor. The company also changed it’s name to Hutton Construction to reflect the nature of the business. In 1993 a Shopfitting division was added to rationalise that part of the Company’s activities and to optimise the joinery and finishing skills available.
Hutton Group is now a major building contractor working throughout London and the East of England. From complex new multi-million pound projects to large scale new build projects and refurbishments of existing premises for all sectors of business and industry.